When we got in the car from the RE appointment, I called the OB. They asked me how far away I was from the office right now. I said about an hour. They said to come straight to the office.
I was so relieved that we were going to get it done. The thought of having a dead baby inside of me was dreadful. I thought that I could start healing emotionally once the physical part was over.
We got to the OB's office at about 3:30. I checked in and waited. And waited. I was grateful they were fitting me in where they could, so I didn't mind so much. They called me back, did my vitals (7 pounds lost, about right for my first trimester), and took us to a room. Where we waited again.
The OB finally came in, did an exam, and looked at our paperwork from the radiology place saying "fetal demise." He started talking to us about natural miscarriage vs. D&C. It really sounded at first like he was encouraging natural, but then he seemed fine with the D&C. He says they do a couple of them a week. He told us about the risks, and said they did it at the surgery center at the hospital under general anesthesia.
Two blows in one. One, we weren't getting it done today. Today was just a consult. Two, general anesthesia. I'm an emetophobe, and general anesthesia can make you sick. Two and a half, I had to be in the surgery center with sick people who may also barf. Not a good day.
He sent us to see the lady who schedules the surgeries. After we signed the paperwork so that she could call the hospital, she sent me to the lab for some blood work while Linnell waited. When I got back, she was just finishing up getting it scheduled for Monday (today is Friday) at 11:50. So, just a weekend. I can handle this.
When we left the office, it was 5pm. Most of the staff was already gone. When we got in the car, Linnell told me that the lady at the hospital who schedules the surgeries had already gone, that it was somebody else that our lady had talked to. Our lady had said that it wasn't yet 5, and that it was unacceptable that she was gone. She managed to get me scheduled. Thank goodness. I don't think I could make it through the weekend not knowing when this would end.
Now to make sure everybody knows. I wish I had been much quieter about the whole pregnancy.
I was so relieved that we were going to get it done. The thought of having a dead baby inside of me was dreadful. I thought that I could start healing emotionally once the physical part was over.
We got to the OB's office at about 3:30. I checked in and waited. And waited. I was grateful they were fitting me in where they could, so I didn't mind so much. They called me back, did my vitals (7 pounds lost, about right for my first trimester), and took us to a room. Where we waited again.
The OB finally came in, did an exam, and looked at our paperwork from the radiology place saying "fetal demise." He started talking to us about natural miscarriage vs. D&C. It really sounded at first like he was encouraging natural, but then he seemed fine with the D&C. He says they do a couple of them a week. He told us about the risks, and said they did it at the surgery center at the hospital under general anesthesia.
Two blows in one. One, we weren't getting it done today. Today was just a consult. Two, general anesthesia. I'm an emetophobe, and general anesthesia can make you sick. Two and a half, I had to be in the surgery center with sick people who may also barf. Not a good day.
He sent us to see the lady who schedules the surgeries. After we signed the paperwork so that she could call the hospital, she sent me to the lab for some blood work while Linnell waited. When I got back, she was just finishing up getting it scheduled for Monday (today is Friday) at 11:50. So, just a weekend. I can handle this.
When we left the office, it was 5pm. Most of the staff was already gone. When we got in the car, Linnell told me that the lady at the hospital who schedules the surgeries had already gone, that it was somebody else that our lady had talked to. Our lady had said that it wasn't yet 5, and that it was unacceptable that she was gone. She managed to get me scheduled. Thank goodness. I don't think I could make it through the weekend not knowing when this would end.
Now to make sure everybody knows. I wish I had been much quieter about the whole pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment