Since I have had 3 C-Sections already, I need some testing done to make sure all is well in the uterine department. I went in today for my initial RE appointment. My appointment was for 10:30, but I wanted to allow plenty of time to get there, since it was an hour away, and traffic in the area can be crazy. So, I got into the office at 10:12. I sat down, and they called me back almost immediately. The nurse told me to strip from the waist down and hop on the table. There was a knock on the door before I was even undressed! I have never had a doctor ready to see me before I'm ready to see her.
Anyway, I got on the table and she talked to me. She asked me briefly about my pregnancy and surrogacy history. She asked me if I had done my psych testing and if I had a lawyer yet. I answered no to both. She rather pushed me in to a lawyer she worked with (the lawyer who arranged my first surrogacy. I didn't like her). She did a quick internal exam, said, "Yes, looks good." She told me to get dressed and come out. I did. I met with my surrogate coordinator, who gave me the card for the psychologist the clinic works with and the lawyer. She told me to call when my period started, so we could schedule an HSG (Hysterosalpingogram). I was done.
As I got to the elevators to go down to the lobby, I looked at my clock. It was 10:30.
Anyway, I got on the table and she talked to me. She asked me briefly about my pregnancy and surrogacy history. She asked me if I had done my psych testing and if I had a lawyer yet. I answered no to both. She rather pushed me in to a lawyer she worked with (the lawyer who arranged my first surrogacy. I didn't like her). She did a quick internal exam, said, "Yes, looks good." She told me to get dressed and come out. I did. I met with my surrogate coordinator, who gave me the card for the psychologist the clinic works with and the lawyer. She told me to call when my period started, so we could schedule an HSG (Hysterosalpingogram). I was done.
As I got to the elevators to go down to the lobby, I looked at my clock. It was 10:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment